Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Glam

This month I have been on fire buying beauty products and indulging my girly side. I got a hair cut with a fringe which I have decided this morning that I do actually like. The jury was out after the nanna blow wave she gave me but after washing it, it looks much more like me.  I bought a DIY acrylic nail set, eye lash curler and bb cream. I never spend money on stuff like this. I have never in my life owned an eye lash curler. I used it last night to see what it was like and I can't see any difference to be honest. The bb cream seemed ok, just like tinted moisturizer really. I guess though that you don't know if these creams work until a week later when you break out - which I did - and now it is too late. I don't think it had anything to do with the amazing amount of junk food that has been rocking around my house. Sometimes my cupboards look like I am preparing for a kids birthday party (especially when chocolate biscuits are on sale - the man loves them).

I am excited about the acrylic nails. I had to wait 2 weeks for postage from Hong Kong, which is so long and it never came. The ebay seller is sending it again but I hate waiting. It is possible that I will burn my nails with the primer, turn my nails yellow because of the undoubtedly poor quality acrylics or cause a fungal/bacterial infection. My friend who is a nail-tech has threatened to fly here to take it off me. Which is fine actually, she can do my nails while she is here. As with so many of my projects - I will get bored eventually (hopefully before I do any damage) but I just want to know if I can do it.


Actually I haven't been bored much seeing as the last month has been crazy at our house. Good but crazy. I graduated on the 11th of September (ended up being the 12th but I will cry about that some other day) so mum and dad were here - awesome. We threw our late house warming in two parts: friends and family on two separate weekends... I will not be entertaining again for a long time but it was so much fun having everyone visit our place. One of the man's uncles house is going to auction next week so they have been working like maniacs to get that all cleaned. Because they are just around the corner they come to our place for dinner. That has been fun actually because I get to practice my cooking. I helped with some of the house and garden cleaning and even though I don't feel like I helped all that much, I was sore for the next couple of days.

Speaking of gardening! I say this every week and it doesn't happen but I am hell-bent on this weekend being a ZERO commitment weekend. I am not planning to do anything but play in my garden, clean the house and practice my guitar lessons. I need to get a wriggle on if I am going to have veges by Summer so gardening is a must. I won't be growing any cabbage though, I am still drowning in cabbage. I have 2 big red ones and half a green left and I am worried I will get another one on Wednesday. I am running out of things to do with them. Braised cabbage doesn't sound very good and I just did some research on sauerkraut and that looks like a lot of work for something I don't have good memories of anyway.

xox
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me