Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I do not have a problem

I also didn't make it through the whole month without alcohol as planned. What you need to understand is that I am already committing crimes against my country by not eating lamb on Australia Day. It would be outright blasphemy should I also refuse to have a beer to celebrate the day that our fine land became a federation. Not that there are too many of us who know or care about the reason for Australia Day but its nice to get the day off work.

The girls and I had a bbq at our house with an amazing group of people. It was so nice to have such an interesting mix. Normally it is a bit tricky inviting people from different groups but it worked really well and everyone got along fine. My only complaint is that I am sick as a dog today. I don't think it is alcohol related but it is making me miserable! I think it is karma for breaking my detox early. I cannot wait till home time so I can curl up on the couch and watch trashy TV until I fall asleep. Actually I have 2 DVD's at home waiting for me which I am really looking forward to so I might do that. Fingers crossed for my speedy recovery because I am not a fan of self pity but I am so pathetic when I get sick!

Love to all
xox
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me