Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wear Sunscreen

On Sunday we loaded up the car and drove to the beach. Melbourne has been putting on the most amazing display of uncharacteristicly beautiful weather! We ate olives and crackers and dip bought from the markets on Saturday while lying in the sun. The water was cold to start with, the immediate shock of cold fluid against your sun warmed skin is over fairly quickly and then it's just fun and salty.

Usually a day at the beach is ruined by 2 or 3 days of red, raw, burnt skin so I hit the sunscreen before we left, put on a giant hat and if I wasn't in the water I made sure I was covered up. The result? Not one red bit on my entire body... except for my nose (how did I miss it? Such a good day overall! Hope to do it again this weekend! Depending on how long Melbourne can keep the sun going that is... right now it is raining as heavily as I have ever seen it. Apparently a storm is comming. Still it has at least 3 days to get back to beach weather. (Hear that Melbourne? Beach weather ... stat!)



I almost forgot to tell you! I am being daring this afternoon. My friend is going to cut and colour my hair in her back yard. I will take some photo's and post them tonight or tomorrow maybe. I am actually not being that daring. The girl has wicked style and I know she will nail it (it can't look any worse than it does now. I look like a fluffy mushroom!).



Love to All
xox
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me