Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Black fingernails red wine

I stole some of my flatmates bright purple nail polish last night. Weird how something so simple can make you feel pretty!

I went to my first singing lesson last night too which was fun. I think that we are supposed to practice during the week because the teacher just ripped through the information. I picked up most of it OK. I remember a lot of the theory from drama and flute classes when I was at school. Meanwhile I guess it doesn't matter so much if I remember or not becuase there are no tests or exams (my favorite kind of study is the unaccountable kind). We have to pick a song that we want to be good at. I am still not 100% sure what to chose. I think something really difficult. No one but the teacher and I will hear it and she is a singing teacher so she clearly cares nothing for the safety of her ears. I remember saying to my Dad when I was listening to his Kate Bush album (something about red shoes?) that I wished I could sing like that.

We are having some problems with one of the companies that we deal with and everyone is up in arms with possible scenario's and general gossip. This is what I think:
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
I love Wikipedia sometimes, especially when you are looking for one thing and find something far more interesting. I was looking for the person who said the above quote and found the Cock-Up theory:
Coined by Sir Bernard Ingham, is the saying "Cock-up before conspiracy".
Many journalists have fallen for the conspiracy theory of government. I do assure you that they would produce more accurate work if they adhered to the cock-up theory.
—Sir Bernard Ingham


Brilliant!

That is all I have for you today. Sorry it's been a bit disjointed. I really did start this blog thinking that it would help me to focus my thoughts and improve my writing but am increasingly finding that this isn't the case. I think the worst was when my Grandfather said he didn't really understand what I was going on about. My promise from here is to try to be more focussed and generally better. I even used spell check today!

xox Love to all,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me