Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Awesome 80's!

Love the 80's? Ok so I was 5 when the 80's ended but I still appreciate a dodgy 80's film when I get the chance. I hope that I will be able to inspire you to have an 80's marathon!

Foxtel tonight has "License to Drive" with the two Corey's and some really cringe worthy scenes. Terrible moment when the Cadillac is acostered by a drunk who proceeds to smash into a quarry. Terrible but still exciting. I give it... 3 out of 5 stars.



Back when the two Corey's were still cute and not... ummm.... older.



Reminds me a lot of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" which is gold but somehow it is more traumatic. (Ferris Bueller by the way gets 5 stars, absolutely cannot be left out of the 80's marathon)



So next on the list is Killer Clowns From Outerspace. Haven't seen it? Do! Rediculous! Stupid and even though it shouldn't be.... Super Super creepy! You wouldn't believe it if you hadn't seen it with your own two eyes... do it! (4 stars)



Another little known 80's flick is "The Wizard". Unless you are a massive Mario fan that is. This film has a cult following among console nerds and really made me smile! It has a Milo and Otis feel and it is a running away from home adventure. 3 and a half stars.



Do you remember the first time you saw this one? Everyone wanted to find a Mr Miyagi to teach them to tourture little trees (I mean create bonsai). I remember looking in the maintenence building at my school... no luck, just a whole heap of garden equipment and 2 days of detention for going out of bounds. That was about the end of my karate dreams. 4 stars!



Awwww! Dirty Dancing... because no one puts baby in the corner! 5 stars.



Here is the last one on my list. I think the coolest film that Arnie ever made (I know big call but I am calling it). 3 and a half stars.



Hope you at least watch one of these that you haven't already!

Love to all!
xox
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me