Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

My new shoes

Too many late nights are giving me grief. Silly season was a blast but I am glad it is over. Work again today... thats a bit of a shock to the system.

I bought shoes today. I know what you are thinking but I don't do it often. Darian will say otherwise but he doesn't understand how good he has it! My mum is a millipede but I only have a couple of pairs... honest! Not just that but I have rules: I don't buy shoes unless they are under $35 and I don't replace old shoes until I have walked through them. Which is exactly what happened today. My boots fell to shreds and my feet hurt just standing so I found a replacement for $25! See both rules in one buy.

On another diet... don't smirk I know you have heard it all before. My eating habits aren't actually that terribly different from what they were before just the fun has been sucked out of it. Calorie counting this time... 1200 per day (in real terms thats about half of what I would like to be eating). I have been trying to keep it interesting but that is hard when we have both been working ridiculous hours. Darian's more so than mine, he is a workaholic. It is 11.30 and he is still at work. It is my bed time now so I will leave you with this:

"You can plan everything down to the last detail but life still has a way of kicking you in the balls." Good advice from a man to his daughter in the weird show I am watching with an all New Zealand cast. I guess they are from New Zealand. They sound like Darian. It is called Burying Brian and I am dubbing it NZ's answer to Sex in the City ... maybe mix in that weird movie Keeping Mum and you will be a bit closer.

Love to all!

xox
Jane

Poor Brian | Floods | New Shoes | Funless Food | Arthritic kitty | Work :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me