Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Finally relaxing!

Today has been a day of unpacking and reflection. Plus a bit of study thrown in there for good measure. My days soundtrack started with "In the night garden" the trippiest little kids show ever that I love because it is adorable and kind of spun actually. For the rest of the day it has been the "Little Big Planet" sound track. Really easy to listen too! Especially this one: "Volver a Comenzar - Cafe Tacuba" Can't understand a word they are saying but it is a really cool song!

I have been reading a little about html and css style sheets for uni and have found that it is quite easy to follow (which is good!). I came across this page while researching css style sheets and wanted to share it because it made me giggle: A List for those of you who can't be bothered going to the website it says:

"Something has gone horribly wrong

Sorry, partner. The page you requested is not in our database. You may have followed a bad external link, or mis-typed a URL. Or you may have encountered one of the dead ends our system throws up like drowned cats.

Kindly do not contact us about these frustrating dead-ends. We know them by name and by heart, and we have wept hot tears over them in long watches of the night. These errors will end when we launch the new CMS.

For now, you may want to load our home page or visit the articles department to consider the many fine works we have stored for your pleasure.

It’s scarcely the best place to mention this, but...

A List Apart explores the design, development, and meaning of web content, with a special focus on web standards and best practices. Explore our articles or find out more about us."

*giggles* nerd humour!


And in other news, we are officially in our new apartment. I had to take the day off work so that the maintenance people could come and fix the carpet and holes in the wall - makes me sound like I am in a slum but I think it is more representative of how strict the real estate are! Telstra came to connect the phone too so I will have internet tomorrow! The apartment is absolutely perfect! The sun has been shining in all day through the big glass windows. The cats have been hanging out in the sun and the fish are... well the fish are fish and don't seem to be that interested in anything outside their glass world. I am moderately happy to report that we only had one casualty during the move - he was a Borneo catfish - unfortunately the water is a little too alkaline and he got a bit of a shock. Actually I guess from his point of view it was more dramatic than a bit of a shock but the others seemed to cope OK. We went semi-crazy at Ikea on the weekend and came back with a bookcase, coffee table and finally a bed. Yes! We are off the couch! Not yet because they had sold out of the mid-beam and we don't technically have a mattress yet but definitely in the right direction.

I wanted to share my quote of the week:

"Coffee [is] only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to your slightly older self" - Terry Pratchet

Does he know that he has the most twisted mind in the world? I have been reading heaps of disc world and I think Darian is getting sick of hearing about the ins and outs of Ankh-Morpork.

P.S. if there is anyone in the QV building with the same isp and modem as me will you please change your password because it is the same as mine and is confusing my computer. *laughs*

xox Love to All!

Jane

Disc-world | Exhausted | Web Development | Boris | 1 Suckerfish down | Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me