Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Random thoughts for the day

Before I get into my usual rant I have just finished reading this article called "Sure-fire ways to get the sack" I find it mildly amusing that the author thought that this article should be published. There are 5 main reasons according to the article that you can expect to loose your job. Damage the companies reputation, Drunk on the job, Sexual misconduct and bullying, Theft or fraud and Non-disclosure. So what the author is saying is that you shouldn't say bad things about your employer, rock up to work drunk, sexually assault any co-workers, steal or otherwise lie. Is it just me or do these guide lines seem to obvious to mention? If that is journalism then please sign me up. I think I have some skills at stating the obvious as well. Maybe I am to opinionated? I should stick with blogging I guess, at least that way I can say whatever I want. Meanwhile saying whatever I want and getting paid for it sounds like the way to go.

So It is the second day of the new year! Haven't been to the gym once since a week before Christmas so already doing well with the new years resolutions. There has been some sort of issue with my pay and payroll won't get back until next week so I am hoping that I will be paid for the month I have been here (I hate being paid monthly!). That way I can get into my second new years resolution to pay of my debts. Poor Darian has been keeping me in my period of financial non-existance. As for my last New Years resolution, I had a picnic planned for yesterday but due to my hangover, it looks like it will have to wait until the weekend.

Speaking of New Year, I wanted to share this photo I took while wandering around the city during the New Year Celebrations. We had been drinking so everything was full of wonder and
enthusiasm but it seemed so out of place, this little Rubik cube on a door step. Interestingly it is missing one of its corners but I couldn't see anyone who might own it so I stole it. Yes that is right I stole the toy which possibly belonged to a small child, I know that makes me a bad person. I am not giving it up though. Now it is mine! *laughs* Because it is so small, it fits in my handbag so be prepared to see the adventures of mini-Rubik-cube or M.R.C for short.

One more observation for the day and I might leave you all alone! The Great Escape was on TV yesterday. One of my dad's favorites and I think most men of that age group would hold it in high regard. There are two things that stood out the most for me. The first is how well the prisoners were treated. I don't know much about the historical accuracy besides what I have picked up from TV and news etc. and what I have heard from my grandpa who was in Germany during the war. Still, in most modern films, prisoners of war are treated appallingly being beaten and horrible things done to various appendages. Steve McQueen escapes through the wire at one stage during the film and is recaptured. If the film was made in the last couple of years he would have suffered a fate worse than death however in this case he is given a base ball and catchers mit and put in solitary for a bit (luxury by comparison). Here is another abstract reference to Monty Python proving that it is all relative: Brian is thrown into his cell and the guard spits on him. "Favoritism" crys his cell mate! "Oh how I dream to have been spat at in the face! They only turned me up the right way yesterday!"

Ok now for my last observation for the day. One of the characters looked familiar, the more I stared the more familiar he got. I start screaming "Ducky!!! It's Ducky!!!". Poor Darian, I just destroy every day for him *laughs*. I did some research today and it turns out that I am right. Ashley-Pitt from The Great Escape is now Ducky (the coroner) from NCIS (the TV Show). His name is David McCallum and he seems to be a very interesting person. So on that note I leave you with two photos in tribute to David both young and not so young.

Love you all!
xox Jane







2 comments:

  1. you seriously need to get out of the house more princess... your watching toooooo much tv...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life's a piece of shit,
    When you look at it.
    Life's a laugh and death's a joke it's true.
    You'll see it's all a show.
    Keep 'em laughing as you go.
    Just remember that the last laugh is on you.
    And...

    Always look on the bright side of life.

    ReplyDelete

About Me