Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

I am so bored!

I have noticed that lately my posts have become more frequent. I belive that the frequency and lack of direction is directly related to my work-load which at present is very light on. I could be spending this time doing something constructive or I could spend it doing something creative. I pick creative! 

I have just read the cutest article ever. A six year old and a seven year old decided they would like to get married in Africa so they eloped. They snuck out of the house with the girls little sister as a witness and caught a tram to the train station, when they got there a concerned guard called the police and they were reunited with their parents. They are so beautiful in the photograph but I don't feel right about including it here! It is unfortunate though that in one list of comments someone cries "Bad Parenting". It is such a cute story and such a sweet idea that these kids were smart enough to yearn for adventure and romance! I think it is beautiful that the kids were taught enough about the world around them that they wanted to experience it! Here is one of questionable parenting. A four year old shot his babysitter with a shot gun because he was mad that his foot had been steped on. I shouldn't laugh but its kind of funny. The babysitter is Ok aside from being shot in the arm. 

Speaking of bad parenting, my little brother is on You Tube (and in a round about way so am I!). David went through a phase (and I call it a phase because he has a new career goal now) where he wanted to be a film-maker. Besides the fact that his brain is the best kind of twisted for entertainment, he has a pretty good sense of humor as well. The attached is the result of a great deal of work, long hours and stress for David and some terrible acting by me! 



Yes, in short, that is me running in heels. *giggles* 

On to another observation: Darian and I have watched an entire series of Flight of the Conchords. I am going to be honest, the only reason I have linked to their website is out of courtesy because it hasn't been updated since 2006. They are hilarious despite their website. As it turns out web development isn't their strong point so the best way to see them is on YouTube. Anyway, back to the point. I wanted to show the following two clips, seeing as I just learnt how to include You Tube content and I want to practise! The first clip is David Bowie's "Life on Mars?".



Don't stare at his eyes too long. It makes me dizzy and i don't want you to feel dizzy! So Flight of the Conchords have done a study in David Bowie and this is what it looks like.



I think it is clever! And yes David Bowie is Freaky!

Love to all!!!
xox 
Jane

3 comments:

  1. Hiya! Just saw your name on my blog so naturally I clicked on over! :) David Bowie's a bit...shall I saw, eclectic! But I love him! I agree...that story was so cute about the kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eclectic is a good word for it. Definitely he has had a profound impact on the music industry and I respect him for that. Thank you for visiting! I am really enjoying your blog so keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont know about you buit my acting was gold in daves little project and i must admit it was a gold movie making experience... i am gutted that we didnt win the oscar but hey the critics know nothing... :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me