Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Part of the blogging community


I am doing my best to involve myself in the blogging community (It isn't healthy being alone in my head all by myself after all!). The place I started was Blogs of Note. 'Tangobaby' is my favorite at the moment. The author directed me to a quiz site called "HelloQuizzy". A quick disclaimer before I continue, the results of quizzes like this are about as useful to me as my horoscope so I don't know that I will be altering my life based on the results! (On horoscopes... Astrology not to be confused with Astronomy... a subtle differentiation which has got me into trouble in the past). 
According to this particular quiz, I am most like Doris Day. Tangobaby is Marilyn Monroe, Who are you?

You are a Doris -- "I must help others."

Dorises are warm, concerned, nurturing, and sensitive to other people's needs.

 How to Get Along with Me

* Tell me that you appreciate me. Be specific.   (Often!!!!)

  • * Share fun times with me.   (Because I don't like being bored)
  • * Take an interest in my problems, though I will probably try to focus on yours. (This one only loosely applies to me)
  • * Let me know that I am important and special to you. (Again.... Often.. I need constant reassurance)
  • * Be gentle if you decide to criticize me. (Because I am trying very hard to please you and if you don't like me it is representative of me failing you)

 In Intimate Relationships

  • * Reassure me that I am interesting to you.  (Poor Darian has to put up with this all the time)
  • * Reassure me often that you love me. (and I will tell you too!)
  • * Tell me I'm attractive and that you're glad to be seen with me.  (Obviously!) 

What I Like About Being a Doris

  • * being able to relate easily to people and to make friends (Mostly)
  • * knowing what people need and being able to make their lives better  (Or at least thinking that I do)
  • * being generous, caring, and warm (Don't laugh, I actually think I am)
  • * being sensitive to and perceptive about others' feelings (Again... at least I think that I am) 
  • * being enthusiastic and fun-loving, and having a good sense of humor (Ok this is pretty much straight out of my resume!)

What's Hard About Being a Doris

  • * not being able to say no (True)
  • * having low self-esteem (Not particularly True)
  • * feeling drained from overdoing for others (Even if I haven't done anything for anybody else!)
  • * not doing things I really like to do for myself for fear of being selfish (True, actually this one is an absolute pain in the you know what! Why? Because mostly if I had just done what I had wanted to in the first place, no-one would have cared or noticed!)
  • * criticizing myself for not feeling as loving as I think I should (Depends on my mood)
  • * being upset that others don't tune in to me as much as I tume in to them (Yep that is true. I think everyone should be able to read my mind)
  • * working so hard to be tactful and considerate that I suppress my real feelings (Real feelings? what are those?) 

Maybe there is a gap between what I wish was me and what actually is. Interesting topic come to think of it. To illuistrate further: My friend Matt had a personality quiz once where he asked me about my favorite animals. (Again, don't rewrite your life based on this because it is again pretty close to astrology). It goes like this: 

1. What is your favorite animal?
2. What is your second favorite animal?
3. What animal do you not like (or if you are like me and can't hate animals because they are just animals... what animal would you like least)? 

For me the answers are as follows:
1. Jaguar 
2. Dragon fly
3. Toads

What does this say about me? Well... you need to think in terms of character traits. Yes I am aware that animals are not people but when you think of a particular animal it has personality traits associated with it. For example: dogs - dependable, cats - aloof, mice - nervous. I am sure you understand what I am talking about. The first answer is what you would like to be. So for the jaguar, the traits I want for myself - strong, stable, independent and relaxed. The second answer represents what you are right now. For the dragon fly - flighty, unsettled, fun and slightly neurotic. Lastly the least favorite animal represents what you dislike in others. The toad represents for me a scavenger who thrives on others suffering and environmental destruction. This test works for me. 

I will conclude with my horoscope for the week (as per a random newsletter at my coffee place): 
Pisces: The achievements you accomplish add to your self-acceptance and self-esteem. There will be an active interest in  parental responsibilities. 
But this time I think I will pretend to be a virgo because theirs is much more specific. 
Virgo: If you have a clear goal, you can make significant progress and work with great satisfaction now. An opportunity to do what you really want, is likely. 
Damn I don't have a goal. Maybe I will give up now before it gets to crazy.

Have a good week/night guys! 
Love to all!
- Jane



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me