Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Classics?

I had a bit of a giggle this morning thinking about the films we consider 'classics'. It came to my attention not all that long ago that Darian had not seen the Blues Brothers. I don't know if anyone else remembers this film as clearly as I do. My parents were big fans and so it was a pivotal film in my development. I still remember trying to shake my tail feather without much success seeing as I am both too short and too uncoordinated to look nearly as cool. We hired it out from the local video store and I think I laughed the whole way through. The annoying kind of laughing when I know the joke coming up and start before Darian even knows what is going on. Some movies you have to watch a number of times to fully appreciate everything involved. The Blues Brothers is one of those. The first time I saw the film I thought it was great because the music was great and the characters were likable etc. but the second time was when I only just began to see the comic genius. The fact that Kermit the Frog (Frank Oz) plays a cameo appearance is the thing that kicks off the whole movie for me. Nothing is sacred! Poor Kermit having to use a pen to lift a used 'prophylactic'! I especially like the brothers tattoos. JAKE roughly tattooed onto his hand while Elwood has too many letters and so has to spread onto the other hand as well! 
               
                
Ok, so you probably noticed these little quirks but did you know that the psychotic e
x-girlfriends hairdressing salon is called "Curl up and dye"? I think that I managed to suck all the fun out of the movie for poor Darian and when it was over I danced around the house to the credits like a maniac. Love it! 

Next it is Darian's turn to "educate" me with one of his classics. You guessed it! Bill and Ted. I have n
ow seen their Excellent Adventure and thier Bogus Journey. Would you agree with me that Bill a
nd Ted is the original stoner flick? Without actually refering to weed at all? Not to be confused of course with Bill and Ben which in a completely different way actually do refer to weeds. 



Love to all! I hope you had a great Christmas! Bring on the New Year!

- Jane

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Just mentioning those 2 movies makes me giggle! Both very fun & crazy. Not at all familiar with the last one you mentioned though, Bill & Ben?

    ReplyDelete

About Me